Contact us

OSH White Card (General Construction Induction card)

A white card (or general construction induction card) is required for workers who want to carry out construction work.

People who need a white card include :

  • site managers, supervisors, surveyors, labourers and tradespeople
  • people who access operational construction zones (unaccompanied or not directly supervised by an inducted person)
  • workers whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones.

The white card becomes void if you haven’t carried out construction work for two consecutive years or more.

OHS-card sample

Eligibility Criteria

You must first complete general construction induction training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

Use our online search to find a white card trainer in your area.
You will need to provide the trainer with 100 points of ID and the course fee is set independently by the RTO.

Application Process

The RTO will have the application forms you need for a new card and will submit them to us when you have completed the training.

The RTO will also give you a statement that you can use to prove you have completed the training until your new card arrives. The statement is valid for 60 days but most cards are issued in less than 30 days. If you don’t receive you card give us a call on 13 10 50.

Further Information Replacing a white card

A white card can be replaced online by credit card payment but only if your details have not changed. You will need to ensure you enter the exact details as on your construction induction card record.

If your details have changed, you can also complete the application form and send it to us by:

  • Post to: SafeWork NSW, Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252
  • Email to: [email protected] (credit card payments only)

Change of details

If you have changed your name or other details you will need to complete the change of details form and send it to us by:

Interstate cards

Construction workers can work in NSW using construction induction cards issued by other states and territories. See this fact sheet for more information.

Note: Each qualification is “stand alone” and does not qualify the holder to perform traffic control duties other than as stated above.